Tumalanov N., Afinogenova V.
Formation of high-quality food market in the Region
The urgency of the problem under investigation is that in conditions when there is a general decline in the quality of consumed food, there is no stable functioning market for high-quality food, which reduces the level of food security for the society. Proceeding from this, the article is aimed at identifying, assessing and justifying the conditions for market functioning of this product type and the ability of regional producers to enter this market and successfully compete. The research used the analysis of "five forces" of competition, elements of SWOT analysis, analysis of a product life cycle and the growth vector. The article presents the results of the research: the product lines where it is necessary to create market segments for high-quality products were identified and characterized, the conditions for market segmentation and growth vectors formation were justified, the resources and opportunities necessary for the firms of the industry to compete successfully in this market were disclosed, institutional conditions necessary for organization of these segments were identified. The results of the research are of theoretical importance, since they contribute to the theory of markets organization. They are of practical value as well and can be used to improve the strategy for the industry development and to create a competitive advantage for regional firms in the market segments studied.
- Aleksandrov A.Yu. Aktual’nye problemy sovershenstvovaniya institutov razvitiya konkurentsii i podderzhki otraslei [Actual problems of improving the institutions of competition development and support of industries]. Nauchnoe obozrenie [Scientific Review], 2015, no. 17, pp. 318–323.
- Tumalanov N.V. Formirovanie vektorov rosta v segmentakh rynka agrarnoi otrasli regiona [Forming vectors of growth in market segments of the Regional Agrarian Industry]. Economica et Jus, 2017, no. 1, pp. 24–30. Available at: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/single/2017/1/4.
- Tumalanov N.V., Urusova I.N. Institutsional’nye faktory uslovii konkurentsii v rastushchikh otraslyakh [Institutional factors of competition conditions in growing industries]. Vestnik Povolzhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta. Ser. Ekonomika i pravo [Bulletin of the Volga State Technological University. Series: Economy and Law], 2018, no. 1.
- Tumalanov N.V., Urusova I.N. Formirovanie institutsional’nykh struktur rynochnoi sistemy i ikh vozdeistvie na ekonomicheskoe razvitie [Formation of institutional structures of the market system and their impact on economic development]. Cheboksary, Chuvash University Publ., 2016, 200 p.
- Kharlamov A.V., Kharlamova T.L. Ekonomicheskaya politika sovershenstvovaniya predprinimatel’skoi sredy [Economic policy of improving the entrepreneurial environment]. Izvestiya Yugo-Zapadnogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta. Series: The Economy. Sociology. Management, 2016, no. 3(20), pp. 11–19.
- Kharlamov AV, Shkodinsky S.V. Problema institutsional’nykh ogranichenii pri vybore stsenariya ekonomicheskogo rosta [The problem of institutional constraints in choosing the scenario of economic growth]. Vestnik Akademii, 2015, no. 1, pp. 39–43.
- Schumpeter J.A. Theorie der Wirtschaftlichen Entwicklung. Leipzig, Dunker & Humblot, 1912 (Russ. ed.: Teoriya ekonomicheskogo razvitiya. Moscow, Progress Publ., 1982).
- Ansoff I. Strategies for diversification. Harvard Business Review, 1957, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 113–124.
- Black J.A., Boal K.B. Towards a dynamic theory of strategy. Strategic Management Journal, 1994, no. 12, pp. 95–117.
- Daniels J.D. Combining strategic and international business approaches though growth vector analysis. Management International Review, 1983, vol. 23(3), pp. 4–15.
- Duboff R. Segmenting your market: Marketing to maximize profitability. The Journal of Business strategy, 1992, vol. 13(6), pp. 10–13.
- Grant Contemporary strategy Analysis. M., СПб.: Питер, 2008.
- Lenz R., Engledow J. Environmental analysis: The applicability of current theory. Strategic Management Journal, 1986, vol. 7, pp. 329–346.
- Moyer Forecasting turning Points. Business Horizons, 1981, vol. 24(4), pp. 57–61.
- Porter M.E. Competitive strategy: Techniques for Analyzing industries and competitors. London, Collier Macmillan Publ., 1980.
- Ries A. Segmenting your market: The discipline of the narrow focus. The journal of Business strategy, 1992, vol. 13(6), pp. 3–9.
- Tumalanov Nikolay V.
- Doctor of Economics Sciences, Professor, Department of State and Municipal Administration and Regional Economy, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Afinogenova Viktoriya
- state and municipal management department undergraduate, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary )
Tumalanov N., Afinogenova V. Formation of high-quality food market in the Region [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2018. – №2. P. 21-32. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2018/2/3/.