Muzhzhavleva T., Kurakova A.
Problems in the Organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) at present stage
Based on the analysis of economic situation in states-OPEC members, differentiation of states by their level of development was carried out, in accordance with which the priority goals of hydrocarbon exporting countries and, accordingly, the policy in the field of oil exports to world markets were determined. Multidirectional actions and competition among the members of the organization are revealed, which destabilize the international oil market in terms of volumes and prices. Violations of principles in setting quotas on the part of cartel participants, provoking internal disagreements between them, are defined. The main competitors of OPEC are identified, among which Russia, the USA, China stand out, the share of supplies of these states to the oil market is growing steadily. Basing on the analysis of OPEC’s internal and external environment the problems of the organization, the factors that cause them are systematized, the ways to solve them are proposed.
- Muzhzhavleva T.V., Efremov N.A., Kurakova A.V. Korrelyatsionnaya zavisimost’ mirovykh tsen na neft’ i sostoyaniya ekonomiki Rossii [Correlation dependence of world oil prices and the state of the Russian economy]. Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo, 2018, no. 10, pp. 57–63.
- Spisok naimenee razvitykh stran [List of least developed countries]. Available at: http://www.un.org/ru/development/ldc/list.shtml (Accessed 9 Oct. 2018).
- Spisok stran po naseleniyu [List of countries by population]. Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spisok_stran_po_naseleniyu (Accessed 9 Oct. 2018).
- Uroven’ inflyatsii v Venesuele za god prevysil 4000% [The inflation rate in Venezuela for the year exceeded 4,000%]. Available at: https://www.rbc.ru/economics/08/02/2018/5a7bdced9a794771e10c8258 (Accessed 9 Oct. 2018).
- Ekspert: v voinu Irana i Saudovskoi Aravii budet vtyanuta vsya Evraziya [Expert: war Iran and Saudi Arabia will be dragged all of Eurasia] Available at: https://ria.ru/radio_brief/ 20180330/1517598501.html (Accessed 9 Oct. 2018).
- BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2017 [Elektronnyi resurs]. Available at: https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/en/corporate/pdf/energy-economics/statistical-review-2017/bp-statistical-review-of-world-energy-2017-full-report.pdf (Accessed 28 Oct. 2018).
- Zaretsky A.M. Cartels: Breaking Up Ain’t Hard to Do. Available at: https://www.stlouisfed.org/publications/regional-economist/july-1999/cartels-breaking-up-aint-hard-to-do (Accessed 6 Oct. 2018).
- Kurakova Anna
- economic theory and international economic relations department undergraduate, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Muzhzhavleva Tatiana
- doctor of economics, economic theory and international economic relations department professor, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Muzhzhavleva T., Kurakova A. Problems in the Organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) at present stage [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2018. – №4. P. 21-28. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2018/4/4/.