Socio-economic Situation and its Impact on the Economic Security of the Region
Modern Russia is characterized by a sharp differentiation of regions in terms of socio-economic development. These differences take place both among federal districts and within districts by region. In this regard, there is a need to assess the level of territories development. With all the variety of approaches to assessing the socio-economic development of regions, there is no universal methodology that makes it possible to comprehensively assess current socio-economic situation of the Russian Federation's subjects. There is a certain relationship and interdependence between the indicators "economic situation of regions" and "economic security of regions". Socio-economic development (hereinafter – SED) shall be understood to mean: expanded reproduction and positive changes in the structure of the economy; development of the social sphere, which are expressed in the summary indicators of the economy and the social sphere; the total of components having a certain specificity and including the growth of production, incomes and, as a result, the welfare of the population; significant shifts in social, institutional, and administrative structures of the society; changes in the public mind; traditions and habits; advanced levels of education and health improvement etc. Regional economic security is a set of measures aimed at sustainable development and improvement of the regional economy, which is able to counteract external and internal threats. The economic security of a region is designed to ensure its functioning within the framework of expanded reproduction, to create conditions for achieving a high level and life quality of the population that guarantee a socio-economic security in the country, to contribute to preserving and increasing labor, natural, intellectual, financial and other types of resources, increasing the competitiveness of regions. Solving the problems of economic security requires development of a methodology for analyzing the economic security of regions and a methodology for calculating thresholds for economic, social and financial indicators. Currently there are no formalized uniform criteria and parameters on which it is possible to conduct monitoring the socio-economic development of regions with the aim of identifying potential threats to Russia's national security. The article considers the indicators of socio-economic development, the possibility of their application in determining the economic security of regions. The methodology used by the rating Agency RIA Rating "Russia Today" was used.
- Dertishnikova E.N. Komleksnaya otsenka sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regiona [Integrated assessment of the socio-economic development of the region]. Problemy razvitiya territorii, 2011, no. 1, pp. 25–35.
- Dyukina T.O., Luk’yanova N.Yu. Otsenka sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regionov Rossii: inventarizatsiya podkhodov [Assessment of socio-economic development of regions of Russia: inventory of approaches]. Vestnik Baltiiskogo federal’nogo uni-versiteta im. I. Kanta, 2018, no. 2, pp. 61–69.
- Lozovskii L.Sh., Raizberg B.A., Ratnovskii A.A. Universal’nyi biznes-slovar’ [Universal business dictionary]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 1999, 640 p.
- Novikov A.A. Regional’noe neravenstvo v sotsial’no-ekonomicheskom razvitii Rossii [Regional inequality in Russia ‘s social and economic development]. Naukovedenie, 2013, no. 1(14), p. 48.
- Regiony Rossii. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2018 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indexes. 2018]: stat. sb. / Rosstat. Moscow, 2018, 1162 p.
- Reiting sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo polozheniya sub”ektov RF. Itogi 2011 goda [Rating of social and economic situation of subjects of the Russian Federation. Results of 2011]. Available at: http://vid1.rian.ru/ig/ratings/rating_regions_2012.pdf.
- Reiting sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo polozheniya sub”ektov RF. Itogi 2018 goda [Rating of social and economic situation of subjects of the Russian Federation. Results of 2018]. Available at: http://vid1.rian.ru/ig/ratings/rating_regions_2019.pdf.
- Rossiya v tsifrakh. 2018: krat. stat. sb. [Russia in figures. 2018]. Moscow, 2018, 522 p.
- Rudenko M.N., Dolganova Ya.A. Issledovanie i otsenka faktorov, vliyayushchikh na funk-tsionirovanie regional’nogo mekhanizma ekonomicheskoi bezopasnosti [Study and assessment of factors affecting the functioning of the regional economic security mechanism]. Natsional’nye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost’, 2018, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 465–479. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24891/ ni. 14.3.4 65
- Ryapukhina V.N. Otsenka effektivnosti innovatsionnogo razvitiya regionov: metodika i postroenie reitinga [Evaluation of efficiency of innovative development of regions: methodology and rating]. Voprosy innovatsionnoi, 2018, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 391–404.
- Prokhorov A.M., ed. Sovetskii entsiklopedicheskii slovar’. 4-e izd. [Soviet encyclopedic dictionary. 4th]. Moscow, Sovetskaya entsiklopediya Publ., 1989, 1632 p.
- Fedorov N.V., Butko E.Ya., Kurakov V.L. Kurakov A.L. et al. Ekonomicheskaya entsiklopediya [Economic encyclopedia]. Cheboksary, Chuvash State Univesity Publ., 2010, 1024 p.
- Yakovleva Avgustina S.
- Assistant Lecturer of Finance, Credit and Economic Security Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
Yakovleva A.S. Socio-economic Situation and its Impact on the Economic Security of the Region [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2020. – №2. P. 53-67. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2020/2/7/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2020-2-53-67.