Revisiting development of criminal liability for crimes against property in the Russian legislation
As part of writing this article, the author made a retrospective analysis of social and criminal-legal assessment of crimes against property as well as studied general and specific patterns in commencement and development of criminal punishment institute established by the domestic legislation for impingement on social relations that developed about the right of ownership. The study analyzes the main normative-legal acts establishing criminal liability for crimes against property in different historical periods. The place of individual crimes concerning impingement on property in the structure of property crimes is established. The author's interpretation of the concept of a theft is presented and its main features are analyzed. The characteristics on the basis of which a reliable delineation of prohibited and illegal acts causing harm to owners’ interests are identified and explained as well as other evidence-based recommendations are formulated which are aimed at ensuring full cognition of the legal institute. The article lists items that cannot be recognized as objects of theft, and impingement on them forms separate essential elements of offence. The work defines basic events for preventing encroachment of property character, including measures of individual preventive maintenance against persons prone to commit abusive practices. Using scientifically substantiated recommendations formulated within the framework of this article to law enforcement agencies is intended to sufficiently ensure protectability of public relations that developed over property, to consolidate the provision on inevitability of punishment and to improve the mechanism for protecting the rights of persons and organizations from culpably committed socially dangerous acts prohibited by criminal law under threat of punishment.
- Babaev M.M., comp., Genet M.N. Izbrannye proizvedeniya [Selected works]. Moscow, Yuridicheskaya literature Publ., 1974, 639 p.
- Gil’manov E.M. Nekotorye pravovye aspekty osvobozhdeniya ot ugolovnoi otvetstvennosti za prestupleniya v sfere ekonomicheskoi deyatel’nosti [Some legal aspects of exemption from criminal liability for crimes in the sphere of economic activity]. In: Bezverkhov G., ed. Aktual’nye problemy ugolovnogo prava, kriminologii, ugolovno-ispolnitel’nogo prava: mezhvuz. sb. nauch. tr. [Actual problems of criminal law, criminology, criminal Executive law: Interuniversity collection of scientific works]. Samara, 2013, p. 84–90.
- Isaev I.A., ed. Istoriya otechestvennogo gosudarstva i prava [History of Russian state and law]. Moscow, Prospect Publ., 2015, 432 p.
- Kompleksnyi analiz sostoyaniya prestypnosti v RF po itogam 2016 goda I ojidaemye tendency ee razvitiya: analiticheskyi obzor [Comprehensive analysis of the state of crime in the Russian Federation at the end of 2016 and expected trends in its development: analytical review]. Мoscow, 2017, p. 17.
- Latypova E.Yu. Strakhovoe moshennichestvo kak posyagatel’stvo na prava potrebitelei [Insurance fraud as a violation of the rights of consumers]. In: Kuleshova G.P., Garaev G., eds. Aktual’nye problemy pravovogo regulirovaniya i pravoprimenitel’noi praktiki zashchity prav potrebitelei: materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf.]. Kaza, 2017. pp. 78–81.
- Nechaeva E.V., Stratilatova A.A. Osobennosti kvartirnykh krazh [Peculiarities of burglaries]. Aktual’nye problemy yuridicheskoi nauki i pravoprimenitel’noi praktiki: materialov VII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf., posvyashch. 50-letiyu Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni I.N. Ul’yanova [Proc. of 7th Int. Sci. Conf. «Actual problems of legal science and practice»]. Cheboksary, Chuvash Publ. House, 2017, pp. 524–528.
- Pavlenko O.V. Kriminologiya [Criminology]. Tyumen, 2007, 232 p.
- Rasstegaev A.A. O metodike izucheniya vliyaniya sotsial’nykh uslovii na prestupnost’ [Methods of study of the influence of social conditions on crime]. In: Vliyanie sotsial’nykh uslovii na prestupnost’: sb. nauch. tr. [Influence of social conditions on crime: the collection of scientific papers]. Moscow, 1983, p. 60.
- Krutskikh E., ed. Entsiklopedicheskii yuridicheskii slovar’ [Encyclopedic dictionary of law]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 1999, p. 294.
- Musina Regina
- criminal law and process department senior lecturer, V.G. Timiryasov Kazan Innovative University (IEML), Russia, Kazan (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Musina R. Revisiting development of criminal liability for crimes against property in the Russian legislation [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2019. – №1. P. 64-72. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2019/1/8/.