Sokolova G., Vasilieva I.
Assessing the Level and Main Threats to the Economic Security of the Regions in the Volga Federal District
The article is devoted to studying the level and the main threats for economic security of regions in the Volga Federal District. It is found that the main factors affecting the economic security of the region include economic and social development, the state of its financial sector. As a result, based on the generalized experience of previous studies, the system of indicators was determined, which includes three blocks: economic, social and financial. Based on the values of the indicators, the authors make the conclusions about the state of economic security and its main threats in the Volga Federal district. According to the indicator "Gross Regional Product level per capita" all the regions are at risk of economic security, the worst values are in the Chuvash Republic and the Republic of Mordovia. By the indicator "Industrial output", there is also a risky situation in the sphere of economic security in these regions. According to the indicator "Agricultural production per capita" the Chuvash Republic and the Perm region are in the risk zone. The share of manufacturing enterprises in the volume of shipped goods of own production and services reached the threshold values in all regions except Udmurtia, but the indicator "the share of engineering in the volume of shipped goods of own production and services" in all regions is below the threshold. Based on the study, the authors draw the conclusions about the threats to economic security for the regions of the Volga Federal district, including low GRP per capita, underdevelopment of mechanical engineering, insufficient population growth, relatively high unemployment, low per capita incomes, a large proportion of population with monetary incomes lower than the subsistence minimum, low revenues of the consolidated budget per capita.
- Balashev N.B., Ashurkova K.S. Vliyanie byudzhetnogo finansirovaniya na ekonomiche-skoe razvitie regionov na primere Tul’skoi i Yaroslavskoi [The influence of budget financing on the economic development of regions on the example of Tula and Yaroslavl]. Ekonomika i biznes: teoriya i praktika [Economics and business: theory and practice.], 2019, №4-1, рр.28-36.
- Ziyadullaev N.S., Gorn I.V. Ekonomicheskaya bezopasnost’ i mekhanizmy sozdaniya mezhdunarodnogo finansovogo tsentra v Moskve [Economic security and mechanisms for creating an international financial center in Moscow]. Rossiiskii vneshneekonomicheskii vestnik [Russian Foreign Economic Bulletin], 2014, no. 6, рр. 29–43.
- Morozova, N.V., Bonarenko N.V. Klasternyi mekhanizm obespecheniya ekonomicheskoi bezopasnosti regiona [Cluster mechanism for ensuring the economic security of the region]. Pravovye i nravstvennye aspekty obespecheniya bezopasnosti lichnosti i gosudarstva na sovremennom etape politicheskikh i ekonomicheskikh sanktsii: sb. materialov Vserossiiskoi nauch-prakt. konf.: v 2 ch.; otv. red. N.V. Khuras’kina [Legal and moral aspects of ensuring the security of individuals and the state at the current stage of political and economic sanctions: a collection of materials of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference]. Cheboksary, Chuvash State Univesity Publ., 2016, рр. 244–247.
- Regiony Rossii. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie pokazateli, 2017 g.[ Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators, 2017]. Available at: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/doc_2017/region/reg-pok17.pdf (Accessed 25 july 2019).
- Sergeeva I.A. Promyshlennaya politika i ekonomicheskaya bezopasnost’ Rossii [Industrial policy and economic security of Russia]. Izvestiya VUZov. Povolzhskii region. Obshchestvennye nauki [News of universities. Volga region. Social Sciences], 2015, 1 (33), рр. 258–267.
- Skvortsova T.A. Klasternaya model’ razvitiya ekonomiki regionov [Cluster model of regional economic development ]. Vestnik SIBITa [Bulletin of the Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technology], 2016, no. 3 (19), рр. 84–88.
- Sokolova G.N., Markov A.V., Vasil’eva I.A. Faktornyi analiz razvitiya regionov i vyyavlenie korrelyatsionnoi vzaimosvyazi [Factor analysis of regional development and identification of a correlation relationship]. Nauchnoe obozrenie [Scientific review], 2017, no. 21, рр. 121–124.
- Sokolova G.N., Nikolaeva A.N., Gorbunova P.G. Metodicheskie problemy klassifikatsii regionov po urovnyu sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya [Methodical problems of regional classification by the level of socio-economic development]. Nauchnoe obozrenie [Scientific review], 2015, no. 18, рр. 236–242.
- Uskova T.V. Ugrozy ekonomicheskoi bezopasnosti regiona i puti ikh preodoleniya [Threats to the economic security of the region and ways to overcome them]. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz [Economic and social changes: facts, trends, forecast], 2011, no. 2(14), рр. 37–50.
- Yakovleva A.V., Ladykova T.I., Sokolova G.N. Otechestvennye i zarubezhnye metodiki otsenki regional’nogo razvitiya [Domestic and foreign methodologies for assessing regional development]. Nauchnoe obozrenie [Scientific review], 2016, no. 16, рр. 126–130.
- Sokolova Galina
- Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of State and Municipal Administration and Regional Economy, Chelyabinsk State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Vasilieva Inessa
- Senior Lecturer, Department of State and Municipal Administration and Regional Economy, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sokolova G., Vasilieva I. Assessing the Level and Main Threats to the Economic Security of the Regions in the Volga Federal District [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2019. – №3. P. 19-31. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2019/3/3/