330.341: 316.4 (70+571032)
У050.11 (2 Рос-1)
The Role and the Place of Federal Districts in the Country’s Socio-Economic Development
Keywords: region, rating of regional socio-economic development, ranking, Federal district, absolute and relative indicators, gross regional product, the ratio between the maximum and the minimum values, inter-budgetary transfers, income of the population
At the present stage of globalization development, Russia occupies the 1st place by the area of occupied territory and the 181st place in the world in terms of population density. At this, productive forces and resources are distributed extremely unevenly, which causes significant imbalances in the development of regions. The concept of long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020 provides for a balanced socio-economic development of territories, reducing the level of interregional differentiation in their socio-economic development. Uneven access to raw materials, labor market, education, health care bring down the population's quality of life. The relevance of the article is due to the fact that solving the tasks facing the country is impossible without strengthening the role of regions and territories. The dynamics of socio-economic processes at the level of regions and districts directly affects the socio-economic situation and prospects for further development of the country as a whole. Balanced economic homogeneous development of the country's regions is significantly hampered by significant differences in such key relative indicators per capita as gross regional product (GRP), consolidated budget revenues, investment in fixed assets, etc. Currently, no universal methodology has been developed, which could help to comprehensively assess the real socio-economic situation of the subjects, districts of the Russian Federation. The purpose of the article is to rank the districts, to determine the role and the place of federal districts in the country’s socio-economic development with the use of integral rating points RIA Rating regardless of what place is occupied by a particular federal district basing on a particular indicator. The study is based on the materials of ratings conducted by the rating agency RIA Rating in 2011–2018. On the basis of actual data with the use of comparison methods, the index method, and others the authors obtained the results, which enable to make a conclusion on sharp differentiation of regions, districts by the level of their socio-economic situation. The practical significance of the study is as follows. Concentration of competitive advantages in some territories and their lack in others, as well as differentiation of population incomes are aggravated by social inequality. At the present stage of Russia's development, the issues of regional economic security gain great importance. Stability and financial sustainability of a region from the point of view of economic security are the foundation for successful development of territories, improving the level and quality of life of the population.
- Dertishnikova E.N. Kompleksnaya otsenka sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regiona [Comprehensive assessment of the socio-economic development of the region]. Problemy razvitiya territorii, 2011, no. 1, Jan.-March, pp. 25–35. Available at: pdt.vscc.ac.ru/article/859/full.
- Dyukina T.O., Luk’yanova N.O. Otsenka sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regionov Rossii: inventarizatsiya podkhodov [Assessment of the socio-economic development of Russia’s regions: an inventory of approaches]. Vestnik Baltiiskogo federal’nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta, 2018, no. 2, pp. 61–69. Available at: https://journals.kantiana.ru/w.php? link=/upload/ib-lock/bdd/7_Dyukina.pdf.
- Lobanova A.V. Otsenka urovnya sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regionov Tsentral’nogo federal’nogo okruga kak pokazatel’ vzaimodeistviya regional’noi vlasti i biznes – struktur [Assessment of the level of socio-economic development of the regions of the Central Federal District as an indicator of the interaction between regional authorities and business structures]. Problemy sovremennoi ekonomiki, 2013, no. 3(47), pp. 296–299. Available at: http://www.m-economy.ru/art.php?nArtId=4687.
- Reiting sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo polozheniya sub”ektov Rossiiskoi Federatsii po itogam 2011–2018 godov [Rating of the socio-economic situation of the subjects of the Russian Federation in 2011–2018]. Available at: www.riarating.ru/regions.
- Ulanova N.K., Zhegulo U.L. Problemy mestnogo samoupravleniya i mestnykh byudzhetov v zarubezhnoi praktike i v Rossii [Problems of local government and local budgets in foreign practice and in Russia]. Molodoi uchenyi, 2015, no. 9. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/89/18261.
- Urbanaev O.L. Otsenka razvitiya regional’nykh sistem: metodika otsenki urovnya razvi-tiya prostranstvennoi sotsial’no-ekonomicheskoi sistemy regiona [Assessment of the development of regional systems: a method of assessing the level of development of the region’s spatial socio-economic system]. Problemy sovremennoi ekonomiki, 2012, no. 3(43), pp. 220–223. Available at: http://www.m-economy.ru/art.php?nArtId=4212.
- Zotikov Nikolay Z.
- Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Finance, Credit and Statistics Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Zotikov N. The Role and the Place of Federal Districts in the Country’s Socio-Economic Development [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2019. – №4. P. 21-32. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2019/4/3/