The role of small and medium-sized businesses in the economy of the Chuvash Republic
Keywords: small and medium-sized businesses, the Unified Register of SMEs, the number of people employed in SMEs, the turnover of small enterprises, gross regional product, budget revenues, investments in small businesses
The role of small business in the economy of the country and regions is determined by two indicators: 1) the number of small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), including individual entrepreneurs, in the total number of economic entities; 2) the contribution of SMEs to GDP (GRP) and production (work, services). The SME sector is primarily focused on the needs of its region. Taking into account the existing deep differentiation of regions in terms of the level of socio – economic development of regions, the issues of the development of the small and medium – sized business sector in the constituent entities become especially relevant. The article explores the role of small and medium-sized businesses in the economy of the Chuvash Republic based on the official data of Rosstat, the Rating Agency Russia Today, and regional normative acts. The article uses data of continuous statistical observation of the activities of SMEs. The data for the Chuvash Republic are presented in comparison with the average Russian indicators for the regions of the Volga Federal District (VFD). The study found that the Chuvash Republic lags far behind other regions of the district and the country in terms of indicators characterizing the development of SMEs.
- Edinyi reestr sub”ektov malogo i srednego predprinimatel’stva [Unified register of small and medium-sized businesses]. Available at: https://rmsp.nalog.ru/index.html (Accessed 23 September 2021).
- Efremov L.G., Denisov S.G., Petrova G.D. Regional’nyi aspekt malogo biznesa [Regional aspect of small business]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo universiteta, 2011, no. 4, pp. 399–402.
- Markosyan L.S. Rol’ malogo biznesa v ekonomike regiona [The role of small business in the regional economy]. In: Fundamental’nye i pri-kladnye issledovaniya v oblasti upravleniya, ekonomiki i torgovli: sb. tr. nauch.-prakt. i ucheb. konf. [Proc. of Sci. Conf. «Fundamental and applied research in the field of management, economics and trade»]. St. Petersburg, 2019, pp. 299–301.
- Natsional’nye proekty Rossii «Maloe i srednee predprinimatel’stvo» [National projects of Russia “Small and medium business”]. Available at: https://np.cap.ru/Projects/Item/business (Accessed 23 September 2021).
- Regiony Rossii. Osnovnye kharakteristiki sub”ektov RF. 2020: stat. sb. [Regions of Russia. The main characteristics of the subjects of the Russian Federation. 2020: statistical collection]. Moscow, 2020, 766 p.
- Regiony Rossii. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2020: stat. sb. [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators. 2020: statistical collection]. Moscow, 2020, 1242 p.
- Reiting sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo polozheniya sub”ektov RF. Itogi 2017 goda [Rating of the socio-economic situation of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation. Results of 2017]. Available at https://riarating.ru/infografika/20180523/630091878.html (Accessed 23 September 2021).
- Reiting sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo polozheniya sub”ektov RF. Itogi 2019 goda [Rating of the socio-economic situation of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation. Results of 2019]. Available at: https://ria.ru/20200601/1572067019.html (Accessed 23 September 2021).
- Zotikov Nikolay Z.
- Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Finance, Credit and Statistics Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5631-9123)
Zotikov N.Z. The role of small and medium-sized businesses in the economy of the Chuvash Republic [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2021. – №3. P. 1-9. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2021/3/1/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2021-3-1-9.