Chulakhov V.N., Maksimov N.V.
Identification of an Unidentified Corpse using Fingerprint Cards of its Blood Relatives
The relevance of the topic of the article is due to scientific and practical interest in the problem of identifying a person, which is an important stage in the investigation of grave and especially grave crimes. Today`s existing methods work mainly when a person was put onto the appropriate record (photographic, genomic or fingerprint) while he/she was still alive. However, only a limited range of persons specified in the current legislation is subject to mandatory state fingerprint or genomic registration, which is approximately 1/3 of the population of Russia. The proposed method does not require this, which makes it possible to identify almost every person who has a close relative without resorting to more expensive methods. The purpose of the study is to propose, on the basis of an analysis of scientific sources affecting various aspects of personality identification, a new non-costly method for identifying a person (unidentified corpse) by his/her papillary patterns of the nail phalanx of the finger by comparing it with skeletonized papillary patterns of fingerprints of blood relatives with one common ancestor. The methodological basis was a set of general scientific and private scientific research methods: dialectical approach, systematic and logical methods, formal-legal, comparative-legal and other methods of scientific knowledge. According to the results of the study, the authors come to the conclusion that the proposed method will significantly expand the subject area of the identification research of such sciences as forensics and forensic medicine. In practice, the proposed method will make it possible to identify unknown dead bodies using fingerprint maps of their blood relatives, thereby laying the foundation for the successful disclosure and investigation of grave and especially grave crimes, as well as the identification of victims of mass technogenic and natural disasters.
- Afitsinskii V.A. Kriminalisticheskoe obespechenie deyatel’nosti po ustanovleniyu lichnosti neopoznannogo trupa [Forensic support for the identification of an unidentified corpse]. Tyumen, 2009, 324 p.
- Bozhchenko A.P. Sudebno-meditsinskaya otsenka dermatoglificheskikh priznakov pal’tsev ruk v identifikatsii lichnosti [Forensic medical assessment of dermatoglyphic signs of fingers in the identification of a person]. St. Petersburg, 2009, 301 p.
- Voropaev G.S. Problemy identifikatsii neopoznannykh trupov v kriminalistike [Problems of identification of unidentified corpses in criminalistics]. Vladivostok, 2001, 196 p.
- Gosudarstvennaya statistika EMISS [EMISS State Statistics]. Available at: https://www.fed-stat.ru/indicator/36190.
- Sidorenko A.G. Vozmozhnosti ladonnoi dermatoglifiki pri sudebno-meditsinskoi identifikatsii lichnosti [Possibilities of palmar dermatoglyphics in forensic medical identification of a person]. Moscow, 2006, 114 p.
- Chulakhov N. Sposob formirovaniya predstavleniya (shablona) papillyarnogo uzora [Method for forming a representation (template) of a papillary pattern]. Patent RU, no. 2449362, 2010.
- Fandeeva O.M. Strukturnaya organizatsiya uzorov pal’tsev i ikh osobennosti v semeinykh gruppakh [Structural organization of finger patterns and their features in family groups]. St. Petersburg, 2010, 443 p.
- Shukhnin M.N. Primenenie tekhniko-kriminalisticheskikh i sudebno-ekspertnykh metodov ustanovleniya lichnosti neopoznannogo trupa pri rassledovanii prestuplenii [Application of technical-forensic and forensic methods of identification of an unidentified corpse in the investigation of crimes]. Saratov, 2000, 246 p.
- Chulakhov Vladislav N.
- Doctor of Law Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Technical and Forensic Support of Expert Studies, Moscow University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation named after V.Y. Kikot, Russia, Moscow (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9066-3681)
- Maksimov Nikolay V.
- Candidate of Law Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Criminal Law Disciplines, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6819-2633)
Chulakhov V.N., Maksimov N.V. Identification of an Unidentified Corpse using Fingerprint Cards of its Blood Relatives [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №2. P. 106-111. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/2/13/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-2-106-111.