Theoretical Prerequisites for Applying Innovative Methods of Motivation in Workforce Management
Insufficient development of the personnel motivation system remains a key problem in the management system of many domestic enterprises. The purpose of the study is to develop proposals for improving motivation in workforce management by introducing innovative methods of motivation and applying them in the practice of domestic enterprises. The article deals with applying motivation methods and developing an innovative approach on this basis. In modern economic conditions, two groups of motivation methods are used to meet the needs of employees: material and non-material. Main attention is paid to the developing innovative methods of motivation for the enterprise, consisting in psychological characteristics of employees, which will make it possible to choose the most effective methods in a given situation. Based on the classification of workforce types proposed by a Russian scientist, the author supplemented the existing models of employee engagement, taking into account the peculiarities of each individual employee's personality. Scientific novelty consists in the study of two generalized directions of implementing an innovative approach in forming labor motivation in workforce management of the enterprise. As a result, it is determined that a new, progressive and innovative system of labor motivation in workforce management should be comprehensive, i.e. contain material and non-material incentive methods, rely on psychological properties of the employee's personality and take into account foreign experience, which can be useful in the Russian business environment. The recommendations developed for improving the motivation systems of business organizations employees can be introduced into the systems of strategic and operational management, as well as be used in corporate training of personnel and become the essence of certain projects aimed at organizational changes.
- Andreev V.V. Problemy stimulirovaniya rukovoditelei i spetsialistov na promyshlennykh predpriyatiyakh [Problems of stimulating managers and specialists in industrial enterprises]. Upravlenie personalom, 2005, no. 10, pp. 21–23.
- Dobrolyubov E.A. Sistema material’nogo i nematerial’nogo stimulirovaniya (motivatsii) personala [System of material and non-material incentives (motivation) of personnel]. Bankovskie tekhnologi, 2002, no. 3, pp. 41–44.
- Kurbatova M., Magura M. Sekrety motivatsii ili motivatsiya bez sekretov [Secrets of motivation or motivation without secrets]. Upravlenie personalom. 2007, no. 13–14, pp. 36–45.
- Naibolee vazhnye sposoby motivatsii personala. HR-issledovanie (2012) [The most important ways to motivate staff. HR-research (2012)]. Available at: http://forinsurer.com/ news/12/10/23/28357.
- Poole M., Warner M. Handbook of Human Resource Management. London, 1998, 704 p. (Russ. ed.: Upravlenie chelovecheskimi resursami. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2002, 1200 p.).
- Tolmachev R.A. Khrutskii V. Otsenka personala: sovremennye sistemy i tekhnologii [Personnel assessment: modern systems and technologies]. Moscow, Finansy i statistika Publ., 2004, 176 p.
- Chernova A.Yu., Markov A.V. Effektivnoe sotrudnichestvo vuzov s predpriyatiyami [Effective cooperation between universities and enterprises]. Nauchnyi vestnik Vol’skogo voennogo instituta material’nogo obespecheniya, 2017, no. 1(41), pp. 116–119.
- Shekshnya S.V. Upravlenie personalom sovremennoi organizatsii. 5-e izd., pererab. i dop. [Personnel management in a modern organization. 5th]. Moscow, 2002, 368 p.
- Markov Aleksey V.
- Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of State and Municipal Management and Regional Economy, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
Markov A.V. Theoretical Prerequisites for Applying Innovative Methods of Motivation in Workforce Management [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2020. – №2. P. 17-23. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2020/2/2/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2020-2-17-23.