Analysis of the Financial Condition of the Debtor-Citizen when Introducing Bankruptcy Procedures: Technology and Problems of Conducting
Keywords: bankruptcy, financial analysis, debtor-citizen, arbitration manager, financial manager, debt restructuring, property sale, financial analysis methodology, debtor's property, solvency, liquidity, business activity
Currently, many citizens actively resort to such an institution of a market economy as insolvency (bankruptcy). The effectiveness of this procedure’s carrying out depends on a number of factors, among which are the level of qualification, experience and knowledge of the arbitration manager, the debtor-citizen’s willingness to cooperate and the quality of methodological support of the process itself. The article discusses the methodological aspects of conducting the analysis of the financial condition of the debtor-citizen, describes the technology of adapting the official methodology of financial analysis applied to legal entities, identifies problems in the process of conducting such an analysis, and suggests the main directions for its improvement. Statistical information on the number and dynamics in the number of citizens declared bankrupt is presented. The author carried out systematization of information sources that underlie the financial analysis, and identified incomplete and unreliable sources that do not give arbitration managers the opportunities to draw adequate and correct conclusions. The study highlights the problem of analyzing the possibility of restoring the debtor-citizen's solvency, as this directly affects the possibility of introducing a bankruptcy rehabilitation procedure – restructuring the debtor's debt. The article examines the features of calculating the indicators that underlie the debtor's analysis in order to identify signs of intentional and fictitious bankruptcy; it reflects the methodological aspects of adapting the official methodology. The existing problems in carrying out the financial analysis of the debtor-citizen are formulated.
- Vekshina O.I., Vekshin A.S. Analiz finansovogo sostoyaniya dolzhnika‐grazhdanina v protsedurakh bankrotstva [Analysis of the financial condition of a debtor-citizen in bankruptcy procedures]. Sotsial’nye i gumanitarnye znaniya, 2017, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 120–125.
- Vekshina O.I., Vekshina A.S. Problemy analiza finansovogo sostoyaniya dolzhnika-grazhdanina [Problems of analysis of the financial condition of the debtor-citizen]. In: Sovremennaya ekonomicheskaya nauka: teoreticheskii i prakticheskii potentsial. Innovatsionnoe razvitie sovremennogo ekonomicheskogo obrazovaniya: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Proc. of Int. Sci. Conf. «Modern economic science: theoretical and practical potential. Innovative development of modern economic education»]. Yaroslavl’, Filigran’ Publ., 2020, pp. 307–311.
- Gurdzhiyan V.L. Problemy vyyavleniya arbitrazhnym upravlyayushchim priznakov prednamerennogo i fiktivnogo bankrotstva [Problems of identifying by the insolvency administrator signs of premeditated and fictitious bankruptcy]. In: Sovremennye tendentsii razvitiya bukhgalterskogo ucheta, nalogooblozheniya, analiza i audita v rossiiskoi i mezhdunarodnoi praktike: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Proc. of Int. Sci. Conf. «Modern trends in the development of accounting, taxation, analysis and audit in Russian and international practice»]. Cheboksary, Chuvash State Univesity Publ., 2011, pp. 95–98.
- Dannye sudebnoi statistiki [Judicial statistics]. Available at: http://www.cdep.ru/index.php?id=79.5. Kovan S.E. Antikrizisnyi menedzhment. Antikrizisnyi konsalting. Reshenie tipovykh zadach [Anti-crisis management. Anti-crisis consulting. Solving typical tasks. Workshop]. Mosсow, Prospekt Publ., 2017, 192 p.6.
- Kovan S.E. Analiz finansovogo sostoyaniya grazhdanina v protsedurakh bankrotstva [Analysis of the financial condition of a citizen in bankruptcy procedures]. Effektivnoe antikrizisnoe upravlenie, 2016, no. 3, pp. 60–68.
- Shcherbakovich I.A., Makarenko O.A. Perspektivy finansovogo ozdorovleniya dolzhnika v ramkakh bankrotstva grazhdan [Prospects for the financial recovery of the debtor within the framework of the bankruptcy of citizens]. Probely v rossiiskom zakonodatel’stve, 2018, no. 3, pp. 188–190.
- Gurdzhiyan Vladimir L.
- Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Management and Marketing Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Gurdzhiyan V.L. Analysis of the Financial Condition of the Debtor-Citizen when Introducing Bankruptcy Procedures: Technology and Problems of Conducting [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2021. – №4. P. 1-8. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2021/4/1/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2021-4-1-8.