Efimtseva T.V., Aliturliev A.S.
State Regulation of Foreign Trade Activity: Methods and their Legal Essence
The authors carried out the analysis of current legislation of the Russian Federation and the Eurasian Economic Union, the practice of its application, the literature on the issue of state regulation of foreign trade activities. The concept of state regulation of foreign trade is given, the classification of these regulatory methods into types according to various criteria is presented. The Russian legislation contains an exhaustive list of methods for state regulation of foreign trade. However, application of specific methods depends on the type of goods. In connection therewith, the content of some of the most commonly used methods for state regulating foreign trade activity in practice is disclosed. At this, preference is given to the methods of customs tariff regulation, which include the customs tariff and customs duties. The relevance of the topic of state regulation of foreign trade is caused by the fact that foreign trade activity is currently becoming more and more colossal and covers all regions of the world, and therefore legal regulation of foreign trade is acquiring important socio-economic and sometimes political significance. So, in In January-August 2021, according to the data from the Bank of Russia, Russia's foreign trade turnover amounted to $492 billion dollars (137.8% by January-August 2020), including exports – $299 billion (144%), imports – $193 billion (129.2%). The trade balance remained positive, 106 billion US dollars (in January-August 2020 – positive, 58.3 billion dollars). Using the methods of observation, analysis, synthesis, comparison, interpretation of norms and others, the results were obtained that allow us to draw the following conclusions. When forming a foreign trade policy, the state needs to assess the regulatory impact on foreign trade in order to respond promptly to rapidly changing conditions in foreign markets functioning. Taking into account that the methods of state regulation of foreign trade activities are not systematized in the legislation, it is necessary to refer to the doctrine in which there is a classification of such methods into types. In addition, it is also necessary to take into account the fact that different methods of state regulation are applied to foreign trade in different goods.
- Alekseev S.S. Obzhie teoreticheskie problemu sistemu sovetskogo prava [General theoretical problems of the Soviet law system]. Мoscow, Gosurizdat Publ., 1961, 187 p.
- Prokushev E.F., ed., Prokushev Е.F., Кostin А.А.Vneshneekonomicheskaya deyatelnost. 11-e izd. [Foreign economic activity: textbook and workshop for universities. 11th ed.]. Moscow, Yurayt Publ., 2021, 470 p.
- Ruchkina G.F., ed., Ruchkina G.F. et al. Predprinimatelskoe pravo. Pravovoe regulirovanie otdelnuh vidov predprinimatelskoy deiatelnosti: uchebnik i praktikum dlia vuzov. 4-e izd. [Business law. Legal regulation of certain types of entrepreneurial activity: textbook and workshop for universities. 4th ed.]. Moscow, Yurayt Publ., 2021, 401 p.
- Ershova I.V., ed. Predprinimatelskoe parvo. 2-e izd. [Business Law. 2nd ed.]. Moscow, Prospect Publ., 2020, 668 p.
- Basedow R., Kauffmann C. International Trade and Good Regulatory Practices: Assessing the Trade Impacts of Regulation. OECD Regulatory Policy Working Papers, no. 4. Paris, 2016, 50 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1787/24140996.
- Baytaeva G., Ayazhanova M., Abdildinova M., Subebaeva Zh., Digay D., Gussenov B. State-legal regulation and management of foreign economic activity in Kazakhstan. Revista Espacios., 2020, vol. 41(12), pp. 2–14. Available at: http://es.revistaespacios.com/a20v41n12/a20v41n11p02.pdf (Access Date 2021, Dec. 22).
- Maniar B.G. Legal Regulation of Foreign Trade. Saurashtra University, Rajkot, 2014, 133 p. Available at: https://www.saurashtrauniversity.edu/docs/eBooks/Legal-Regulation-of-Foreign-Trade.pdf (Access Date 2021, Dec. 22).
- Efimtseva Tatiana V.
- Doctor of Law Sciences, Professor of the Civil Law and Process Department, Orenburg State University, Russia, Orenburg (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4295-6046)
- Aliturliev Aslan S.
- Post-Graduate Student, Civil Law and Process Department, Orenburg State University, Russia, Orenburg (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Efimtseva T.V., Aliturliev A.S. State Regulation of Foreign Trade Activity: Methods and their Legal Essence [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №1. P. 83-93. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/1/10/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-1-83-93.