Offshore Territories in World and Russian Practice
The relevance of this study lies in the fact that in modern conditions offshore business has become an important part of the global and national economies, where significant capital is concentrated, which can have a huge impact on the economic and political situation in the world. The article studies the problems of offshore territories' functioning in the world and Russian practice. The evolution of the creating offshore territories, their types and features of functioning are examined. Based on the methods of system-oriented approach and statistical analysis, the current state of offshore territories in the world and the Russian Federation is investigated. The advantages and problems of offshore zones functioning in domestic and world practice are reviewed. The positive effect of the activities carried out by offshore territories in recipient countries is to create a favorable investment climate, to increase investment volumes, as well as to result in positive consequences for the national economy. Uncontrolled and unjustified use of offshore business can lead to capital outflow and create threats to the economic security of national and global economies. Taking into account the growing scale of offshore business in the world, measures have been proposed to implement a de-offshorisation policy in order to counter flight of capital through offshore territories. Based on studying the foreign experience, the problems and prospects of using offshore zones by the Russian economy have been identified.
- Anikin A.V., Babin E.P. Mezhdunarodnye ekonomicheskie otnosheniya [International economic relations]. Moscow, Prospekt Publ., 2018, 512 p.
- Grigor’eva Yu.P. Deoffshorizatsiya v sisteme vneshneekonomicheskikh interesov Rossiiskoi Federatsii.:dis … kand. ek.on nauk [De-offshore in the system of foreign economic interests of the Russian Federation. Cand. ]. Moscow, 201, 169 p.
- Kazakova E.B., Dunyushkin A.V. Offshornye zony [Offshore areas]. Moscow, Forum Publ., 2015, 105 p.
- Kuznetsova E.G., Kurakov L.P., Yakovlev G.E. et al. Makroekonomika [Macroeconomics]. Saransk, 2014, 240 p.
- Otchet ob offshornoi statistike [Rules for the Citing of Sources]. Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/offshore/statistics/hsr2020 (Accessed Date 2021, Nov. 7).
- Arkhipova Valentina A.
- Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of Economic Theory and International Economic Relations, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4171-8065)
Arkhipova V.A. Offshore Territories in World and Russian Practice [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №1. P. 20-26. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/1/2/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-1-20-26.