Approaches to the Assessment of the Company Market Value
The relevance of the research topic is due to the fact that most modern appraisers use Western methods and valuation standards when assessing the market value of a business. All this leads to some difficulties at various stages of the assessment, and subsequently leads to errors and inaccuracies in the resulting assessment. Modern assessment experience in Russia shows that the methods that are currently used do not always take into account, or do not fully take into account industry specifics. Due to the lack of evidence-based guidelines, appraisers themselves determine the need to take into account certain features of the company. Despite the fact that the methodological apparatus of valuation is being constantly improved, the problems of estimating the market value of an enterprise, as well as the company's shares, are not sufficiently covered in the economic literature. The purpose of the article is to study the modern practice of forming the market value of Russian enterprises. The scientific novelty lies in the systematization of methods for estimating the value of companies that can be applied in the valuation. The practical significance of the study lies in the fact that the main provisions and conclusions can be applied in the educational process when delivering lecture courses. Russian enterprises can use the results of the study to develop their investment policy, and to assess the effectiveness of investments in the stock market, government agencies can use them to regulate the securities market.
- Golova E.E., Baetova D.R. Otsenka stoimosti biznesa v sovremennykh usloviyakh [Business valuation in modern conditions]. Fundamental’nye issledovaniya, 2020, no. 4, pp. 15–20.
- Zolotarev A.E. Osobennosti primeneniya dokhodnogo podkhoda v otsenke stoimosti biznesa [Features of applying the income approach in assessing the value of a business]. Del’ta nauki, 2020, no. 1, pp. 73–76.
- Kas’yanenko T.G., Makhovikova G.A. Otsenka stoimosti biznesa + prilozhenie v EBS 2-e izd pererab i dop. [Business valuation + application. 2nd]. Moscow, Yurait Publ., 2020, 373 p.
- Puzynya N.Yu., Myagkov V.N., Barinov N.P., Gribovskii S.V., Tsymbalov V.V. et al. Otsenka i otsenochnaya deyatel’nost’: problemy i perspektivy [Valuation and Valuation Activities: Problems and Prospects]. St. Peterburg, 2019, 140 p.
- Plotnikova, E.V., Ivanitskaya, I.P. Rynochnaya stoimost’ aktsii Rossiiskikh predpriyatii kak odin iz faktorov obespecheniya ekonomicheskoi bezopasnosti fondovogo rynka Rossii [The market value of shares of Russian enterprises as one of the factors for ensuring the economic security of the Russian stock market]. In: Ekonomicheskaya bezopasnost’ kak paradigma sovremennoi teorii i praktiki upravleniya: materialov Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Proc. of Russ. Sci. Conf. «Economic security as a paradigm of modern management theory and practice»]. Cheboksary, Chuvash Univesity Publ., 2019, pp. 276–280.
- Sokolova G.N., Arkad’ev A.Yu. Upravlenie stoimost’yu predpriyatiya v sovremennykh usloviyakh [Enterprise value management in modern conditions]. In: Aktual’nye voprosy ekonomiki: nauch. tr. [Topical issues of economics: Collection of Scientific Works]. Cheboksary, Chuvash State Univesity Publ., 2019, pp. 266–270.
- Ivanitskaya Iraida P.
- Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of State and Municipal Administration and Regional Economics, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6947-148X)
Ivanitskaya I.P. Approaches to the Assessment of the Company Market Value [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №2. P. 28-37. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/2/4/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-2-28-37.