Malysheva O.V., Arkadeva O.G.
Fiscal Efficiency of Payment for Negative Environmental Impact
The purpose of this study is to supplement the theoretical justification for the concept of fiscal environmental reform by studying payment for negative environmental impact as a revenue part of the state budget. The article considers the current system of environmental taxes, fees and payments in advanced foreign countries and in the Russian Federation; it analyzes budget revenues from environmental taxes as well. It is noted that in many developed countries the tax burden tends to shift from "labor" taxes to "environmental" ones. The main method of research is structural and dynamic analysis. In order to increase the budget revenues, the possibility of introducing the concept of "environmental tax" into the tax system of Russia is being considered, taking into account the successful experience of foreign countries. An increase in the amount of revenues from environmental taxes, fees and payments in order to achieve a sustainable fiscal policy does not guarantee an improvement in the country's environmental situation. That is why the article raises the problem of compatibility between the fiscal efficiency of environmental fees for negative environmental impact and the mechanism of natural environment restoration, i.e. the designated purpose of spending incoming funds. A compromise between the state's revenue generation and the usefulness of environmental taxes for nature is possible. It should be taken as a postulate that the effectiveness of the payment for the negative environmental impact as a tax will be achieved only if it is linked to the costs of environmental protection. All together – replacement of the payment for negative environmental impact by an environmental tax and "colored" income – will make it possible not only to increase budget revenues, but also to implement the state environmental policy at a high level, one of the goals of which is to finance measures to preserve and restore the environment.
- Byulleten’ Schetnoi palaty RF. Nenalogovye platezhi [Bulletin of the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation. Non-tax payments], 2021, no. 8(285), pp. 24–25. Available at: https://ach.gov.ru/statements/byulleten-schetnoy-palaty-8-285-2021-g.
- Kirova E., Bezverkhii A. Stanovlenie sistemy ekologicheskogo nalogooblozheniya v Rossii [The formation of the environmental taxation system in Russia]. Izvestiya Dal’nevostochnogo federal’nogo universiteta. Ekonomika i upravlenie, 2018, no. 2(86), pp. 119–127.
- Mochalova L.A., Grinenko D.A. Problemy i napravleniya ekologizatsii nalogovoi sistemy [Problems and directions of ecologization of the tax system]. Ekonomika prirodopol’zovaniya i sotsial’naya ekologiya, 2018, no. 6(91), pp. 70–76.
- Norms for transferring fees for negative environmental impact to the budgets of the budget system of the Russian Federation Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_154375/0a679b73792872e3c8c501-ea2ec-8d3c91-8073fe1/#dst100162.
- Perevoznikov A.A. Ekologicheskoe nalogooblozhenie v Rossii: perspektivy razvitiya [Environmental taxation in Russia: development prospects]. Sovremennye problemy vzaimodeistviya Rossiiskogo gosudarstva i obshchestva: sbornik nauch-nykh trudov [Modern problems of interaction between the Russian state and society: collection of scientific papers]. Saratov, 2016, pp. 9–11.
- Sevka V.G., Kovtun E.V. Osobennosti primeneniya ekologicheskogo naloga v zarubezhnykh stranakh i ego znachenie dlya munitsipal’noi ekonomiki [Features of the application of environmental tax in foreign countries and its significance for the municipal economy]. Upravlenie v usloviyakh global’nykh mirovykh transformatsii: ekonomika, politika, pravo: sbornik nauchnykh trudov [Management in conditions of global world transformations: economics, politics, law: collection of scientific papers]. Sevastopol, 2019, pp. 422–
- Chizhikova O.A., Chizhikova O.N. Ekologicheskoe nalogooblozhenie v stranakh Evropy [Environmental taxation in European countries]. Vestnik Donetskogo natsional’nogo universiteta, 2016, no. 2, pp. 126–
- Arkadeva O., Berezina N., Arkadev M. Fiscal Policy and Its Impact on Poverty and Inequality. In Proceedings of the International Scientific-Practical Conference “Ensuring the Stability and Security of Socio-Economic Systems: Overcoming the Threats of the Crisis Space” – SES, 2022, pp. 43–48. DOI: 10.5220/0010682300003169.
- Arkadeva O., Berezina N., Arkadev M. Inflation Targeting under Global Trends Exposure. In: Proceedings of the International Scientific-Practical Conference “Ensuring the Stability and Security of Socio-Economic Systems: Overcoming the Threats of the Crisis Space” – SES, 2022, pp. 33–37. DOI: 10.5220/0010682000003169.
- Environmentally related tax revenue. In: The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD): site. Available at: https://stats.oecd.org.
- Government at a glance 2013. Available at: https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/content/publication/gov_glance-2013-en.
- Tax policies in the European Union – 2020 survey. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/tax-policies-european-union-survey_en.
- The EU in the world – environment. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=The_EU_in_the_world_-_environment.
- Malysheva Oksana V.
- Master's Program Student of the Direction «State and Municipal Administration», Economics Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Arkadeva Olga G.
- Candidate of Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Finance, Credit and Economic Security, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4868-2365)
Malysheva O.V., Arkadeva O.G. Fiscal Efficiency of Payment for Negative Environmental Impact [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №3. P. 15-24. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/3/3/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-3-15-24.