Ivanova O.A., Konstantinov V.A.
On the Issue of the Relationship Between the Labor and Corporate Status of the Company's Chief Executive as a Special Representative of a Legal Entity
Keywords: corporate relations, labor relations, civil relations, legal status of a company's chief executive, labor rights of employees
The article examines the legal status of a company's chief executive. The ambiguity of the company's chief executive's status, taking into account the nature and goals of establishing the organization, creates a variety of means to regulate the chief executive's status by sector specific legislation. The issue of the relationship between the labor and corporate status of the company's chief executive is especially important, as well as that of criteria for similarity and differentiation of statuses. The answer to this problem lies in the essence of corporate organizations. The purpose of the study is to trace the similarity and difference between the labor and corporate status of a company's chief executive in a corporate organization based on the analysis of regulatory legal acts of various industry affiliation and to propose criteria for their correlation. The methodological basis of the study was the dialectical approach, systematic, logical methods, formal legal and other methods of scientific cognition. The authors note that the study of the issue leads to the conclusion that the labor status of a company's chief executive in a corporate organization is dependent on the corporation. The article proposes similarity criteria and differentiation criteria of the labor and corporate statuses of a company's chief executive in a corporate organization: similarity of both statuses – labor and corporate – lies only in general orientation of the nature of the activity carried out by the company's chief executive: they are the executive body in the organization; the criterion of differentiation: the existence of an employment contract of the company's chief executive . At the same time, while remaining in the corporate status, the company's chief executive is obliged to adhere to the norms of labor legislation in relations with the employees.
- Prokhorov M., ed. Bol’shoi entsiklopedicheskii slovar’ [Large Encyclopedic dictionary]. Moscow, Sovetskaya entsiklopediya Publ.; St. Peterburg, Fond «Leningr. galereya», 2002, 1628 p.
- Gazizulina D.M. Razgranichenie trudovogo i korporativnogo statusa rukovoditelya [Differentiation of the labor and corporate status of the head]. In: Sotsial’no-trudovye otnosheniya: problemy teorii i praktiki: sb. nauch. st. [Social and labor relations: problems of theory and practice: collected papers]. Tyumen, Tyumen University Publ., 2018, pp. 40–45.
- Ozhegov S.I. Tolkovyi slovar’ russkogo yazyka [Explanatory dictionary of the Russian language]. Moscow, Mir i obrazovanie, Oniks Publ., 2011, 736 p.
- Terent’ev A.V. O ponyatii korporativnykh otnoshenii v sovremennom rossiiskom zakonodatel’stve [On the concept of corporate relations in modern Russian legislation]. Elektronnoe prilozhenie k Rossiiskomu yuridicheskomu zhurnalu [Electronic Supplement to the Russian Law Journal], 2018, no 3, pp. 33–40.
- Shitkina I.S. Sootnoshenie korporativnogo i trudovogo zakonodatel’stva pri regulirovanii pravovogo polozheniya edinolichnogo i chlenov kollegial’nogo ispolnitel’nykh organov [Correlation of corporate and labor legislation in regulating the legal status of individual and members of collegial executive bodies]. Khozyaistvo i pravo, 2007, no 2(361), pp. 52–60.
- Ivanova Olga A.
- Candidate of Law Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Public Law Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2296-6514)
- Konstantinov Vladimir A.
- Master's Program Student, Public Law Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6787-1375)
Ivanova O.A., Konstantinov V.A. On the Issue of the Relationship Between the Labor and Corporate Status of the Company’s Chief Executive as a Special Representative of a Legal Entity [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №4. P. 63-68. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/4/9/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-4-63-68.