About some aspects of penal system development in the Russian Criminal Law: status, trends and priorities of improvement
The article expands the problem of improving the system of criminal penalties, which results from a long-term development of domestic criminal law. In the overall characteristic of penalties system in the Russian criminal law positive and negative consequences of this development are examined. A systemic construction of the list of criminal sanctions requires statutory consolidation of additional punishment in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. A new definition for the signs of penalties system consolidated in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation is offered as well as new approaches to solving the problem of forming a new list of criminal penalties. Further improvement of the criminal penalties system must be carried out by developing systemic-structural characteristics in the process of differentiation and typology of sentences. The penalties system is of fundamental importance, as it determines not only the overall limits of penalties, category of the crime, peculiarities of penalty imposition and release from punishment, but serves as the basis of the penal system as a whole as well.
- Buklova V.A. Evolyutsionnye osobennosti sistemy ugolovnogo nakazaniya v ugolovnom zakonodatel’stve Rossiiskoi imperii XIX v. [Evolutionary features of the system of criminal punishment in the criminal legislation of the Russian Empire of the XIX century]. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie yavleniya i protsessy, 2009, no. 4, pp. 19–23.
- Milyukov S.F. Rossiiskaya sistema nakazanii [The Russian punishment system]. Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg Law Institute of the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation Publ., 1998.
- Naumov A.V. Rossiiskoe ugolovnoe pravo. Obshchaya chast’ [Russian criminal law. The General part]. Moscow, BECK Publ., 1996.
- Orlov V.N. O sisteme ugolovnykh nakazanii [About the system of criminal sanctions]. Ugolovno-ispolnitel’noe pravo, 2010, no. 2.
- Sakaev A.I. Sistema nakazanii po ugolovnomu pravu Rossii: Istoriya i sovremennost’: avtoref. dis. … kand. yurid. nauk [The system of punishment in criminal law of Russia: History and modernity. Abstract Doct. Diss.]. Samara, 1999.
- Tagantsev N.S. Russkoe ugolovnoe pravo [Russian criminal law]. Tula, Avtograf Publ., 2001, vol. 2.
- Rarog A.I., ed. Ugolovno-pravovoe vozdeistvie [Criminal legal effect]. Moscow, Prospekt Publ., 2013.
- Shargorodskii M.D. Izbrannye raboty po ugolovnomu pravu. [Selected works on criminal law]. Saint Petersburg, Yuridicheskii tsentr Press Publ., 2003.
- Rozenko Elena
- criminal law and process department senior lecturer, Ugra State University, Russia, Khanty-Mansyisk (email@example.com; )
Rozenko E. About some aspects of penal system development in the Russian Criminal Law: status, trends and priorities of improvement [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2017. – №4. P. 58-64. – URL: http://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2017/4/9/.