Some Problems of Criminal Liability for Evasion of Military Service (Part 1 of Art. 328 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation)
This article substantiates that the constitutional duty of a Russian Federation's citizen is to serve in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. This form is of great importance, since the legislator fixed the obligation of every citizen of Russia to do military service in accordance with Article 59 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation. Fatherland protection is not only a constitutional duty, but a moral demand for every citizen as well, it is a moral duty. It is aimed at protecting the state and its citizens, material and spiritual values. It is noted that both in theory and in practice there is no unity in interpreting and applying Part 1 of Article 328 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, which provides for liability for evasion of military service. According to the results of the study, it is noted that there is no uniformity in approaches to understanding the objective signs of a crime provided for in Part 1 of Article 328 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. The current criminal law does not ensure inevitability of criminal liability for crimes related to evasion of military service in Russia.
- Skvortsov L.I., ed., Ozhegov S.I. Tolkovyi slovar’ russkogo yazyka: ok. 100 000 slov, terminov i frazeologicheskikh vyrazhenii. 28-e izd., pererab. [Explanatory dictionary of the Russian language: about 100 000 words, terms and phraseological expressions. 28th]. Moscow, Mir i Obrazovanie Publ., Oniks Publ., 2012, 1376 p.
- Zdravomyslov B.V., ed. Ugolovnoe pravo Rossii. Osobennaya chast’ [Criminal Law of Russia. Special part]. Moscow, Yurist” Publ., 1996, 560 p.
- Golubovskii V.Yu., ed. Ugolovnoe pravo Rossii. Obshchaya i Osobennaya chasti [Criminal Law of Russia. General and Special Parts]. Moscow, Prospekt Publ., 2020, 736 p.
- Ugolovnoe sudoproizvodstvo. Dannye o naznachennom nakazanii po stat’yam [Criminal proceedings. Data on the punishment imposed by articles]. Available at: http://stat.api-press.rf/stats/ug/t/14/s/17.
- Golubovsky Vladimir Yu.
- Doctor of Law Sciences, Professor, Leading Researcher of the Department for Improving Legal Regulation of the Penitentiary System, Federal State Institution Research Institute of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Russia, Moscow (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0587-2620)
Golubovsky V.Yu. Some Problems of Criminal Liability for Evasion of Military Service (Part 1 of Art. 328 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation) [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №1. P. 77-82. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/1/9/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-1-77-82.