Comprehensive Characteristics of an Enterprise's Financial Stability
Keywords: financial stability, functioning capital, own working capital, total value of sources, criterion of sources sufficiency
One of the most important characteristics of a company's development is its financial stability, formed by complex impact of a large number of external and internal factors. At the same time, the assessment of financial stability in some cases is ambiguous and requires the use of a combined approach. The article evaluates the main financial indicators characterizing liquidity and financial stability of organizations, which are calculated according to the accounting (financial statements) for 2000-2021, published by the Federal State Statistics Service. Some of the indicators calculated on average for organizations of the Russian Federation, on the whole, positively characterize the level of financial stability (equity ratio) and liquidity (current liquidity ratio) and their good dynamics, but, as the data reviewed show, it is usually impossible to comprehensively assess the financial stability of an enterprise using one or even several particular indicators. It is necessary to use several indicators, both financial and those characterizing the efficiency of using resources by the enterprise (material, labor, fixed assets). It is likely that such indicators will include several external factors of financial stability formation that do not imply a quantitative assessment, for example, such as political, legal and socio-cultural indicators. The relevance of assessing the financial stability of an organization is due to the fact that the main methods of such assessment are mainly focused on using only quantitative data, which are considered, as a rule, in isolation from each other, which makes it impossible to unambiguously assess the dynamics of an organization's financial stability. Using the method of pair-wise comparisons, the author obtained the results that led to the following conclusions: the list of evaluation indicators should include not only quantitatively, but also qualitatively varying indicators, which requires the use of more universal methods of criteria convolution, for example, the method of pair-wise comparisons used in the method of hierarchy analysis.
- Brusov A.G. Metodicheskie aspekty analiza finansovoi ustoichivosti [Methodological aspects of financial stability analysis]. Upravlencheskii uchet, 2021, no. 7-1, pp. 196–203.
- Gilyarovskaya L.T., Endovitskaya A.V. Analiz i otsenka finansovoi ustoichivosti kommercheskikh organizatsii [Analysis and assessment of financial stability of commercial organizations]. Moscow, YuNITI-DANA Publ., 2017, 159 p.
- Dinamika koeffitsientov platezhesposobnosti organizatsii (bez subektov malogo predprinimatelstva) (po dannym bukhgalterskoi otchetnosti, v %) (1995–2021 gg.) [Dynamics of solvency ratios of organizations (excluding small businesses) (according to financial statements, in %) (1995–2021)]. Available at: https://rosstat.gov.ru/storage/mediabank/fin_sost_org.xlsx.
- Romanova O.A. Sovershenstvovanie formy bukhgalterskogo balansa dlya provedeniya analiticheskikh issledovanii [Improving the form of the balance sheet for analytical research] // Oeconomia et Jus, 2017, no. 4, pp. 87–95. Available as: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/single/2017/4/14.
- Saati T., Kerns K. Analiticheskoe planirovanie. Organizatsiya system [Analytical planning. Organization of system]. Moscow, Radio i svyaz Publ., 1991, 224 p.
- Brusov Alexander G.
- Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of Accounting and Electronic Business, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2342-823X)
Brusov A.G. Comprehensive Characteristics of an Enterprise’s Financial Stability [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2022. – №4. P. 9-18. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2022/4/2/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2022-4-9-18.