Arkadeva O.G., Petrova M.A.
Impact of sanctions for the development of oil producing countries
In the context of a growing shortage of financial resources and a change in priorities in the distribution of budgetary resources, the issues of managing the balance of the consolidated budgets of the Russian regions are of particular relevance. The purpose of this study is to analyze the formation of the financial result of the execution of the consolidated budgets of Russian regions during periods of economic recession and recovery, as well as to highlight the negative and positive aspects of the formation of the regional budget deficit. Materials and methods. The main research method was a retrospective analysis of the formation of the financial result of the execution of the consolidated budgets of Russian regions. Results. The article studies the negative and positive causes of the budget deficit, analyzes the dynamics of the financial result of the execution of the consolidated budgets of the subjects of the Russian Federation for the period 2013-2022; the dynamics of the aggregated deficit (surplus) of the budgets of Russian regions is considered; the features of the formation of the financial result of the execution of the budget of donor regions and subsidized regions are studied. Conclusions. A budget deficit is not always a negative phenomenon, as it may indicate that the budget is increasing spending on education, healthcare, social policy, stimulating and supporting business development, which leads to an increase in the quality of life in the region and an improvement in social – economic situation. Each region can potentially face a budget deficit as a result of its cash execution during the economic downturn, and most often the budget deficit reflects the crisis in the country's economy, as the regions' own incomes decrease and expenses increase significantly. During the crisis, not only subsidized regions, but also donor regions face a budget deficit.
- Byudzhet [Budget]. In: Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tatarstan: Website. Available at: https://minfin.tatarstan.ru/budget.html (Access Date: 2023, May 7).
- Byudzhet [Budget]. In: Ministry of Finance of the Chuvash Republic: Website. Available at: https://minfin.cap.ru/action/activity/byudzhet (Access Date: 2023, May 7).
- Doklad o povyshenii dolgosrochnoi finansovoi ustoichivosti i samostoyatel’nosti byudzhetov sub”ektov Rossiiskoi Federatsii i byudzhetov munitsipal’nykh obrazovanii. 2022 [Report on improving the long-term financial stability and autonomy of the budgets of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and the budgets of municipalities. 2022]. In: Komissiya gosudarstvennogo soveta RF po ekonomike i finansam [Commission of the State Council of the Russian Federation for Economics and Finance]. Available at: https://dokladmbo.ru/dokladmbo2022.pdf (Access Date: 2023, May 7).
- Zakharova E.N., Zolotukhina I.V., Chistova M.V. Problemy realizatsii sotsial’noi po-litiki v byudzhetno-dotatsionnykh regionakh [Problems of Social Policy Implementation in Budget-Subsidized Regions]. Innovatsionnaya ekonomika: perspektivy razvitiya i sovershenstvovaniya, 2021, no. 5(55), pp. 58–63.
- Kakie regiony stali liderami i autsaiderami po izmeneniyu dokhodov byudzheta [Which regions have become leaders and outsiders in terms of changes in budget revenues]. Available at: https://www.rbc.ru/economics/27/01/2023/63d13f919a794760cc833b9c (Access Date: 2023, May 7).
- Klassifikatsiya sub”ektov Rossiiskoi Federatsii po gruppam dolgovoi ustoichivosti [Classification of subjects of the Russian Federation by groups of debt sustainability]. In: Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation: Website. Available at: https://minfin.gov.ru/ru/perfomance/public_debt/subj/klass/ (Access Date: 2023, May 7).
- Khanina E.V. Otsenka dolgovoi ustoichivosti regionov Privolzhskogo federal’nogo okruga [Assessment of the debt sustainability of the regions of the Volga Federal District]. REiU, 2021, no. 3(67). Available at: https://eee-region.ru/article/6714 (Access Date: 2023, May 7).
- Andreeva E.I., Bychkov D.G., Feoktistova O.A. Rating of the Russian Regions by the Effectiveness of Social Support. Russ. Econ. Dev., 2022, vol. 33, pp. 36–44. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1134/S1075700722010026.
- Claeys P., Ramos R., Suriñach J. Fiscal sustainability across government tiers. Int Econ Policy, 2008, vol. 5, pp. 139–163. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10368-008-0112-1.
- Nikolov P., Pasimeni P. Fiscal Stabilization in the United States: Lessons for Monetary Unions. Open Econ Rev, 223, vol. 34, pp. 113–153. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11079-022-09664-8.
- Savchishina K.E. Modern problems and development prospects of the Russian budgetary system. Stud. Russ. Econ. Dev., 2017, vol. 28, pp. 648–657. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1134/S1075700717060119.
- Arkadeva Olga G.
- Candidate of Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Finance, Credit and Economic Security, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4868-2365)
- Petrova Mariya A.
- 3rd year Student of Economics Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
Arkadeva O.G., Petrova M.A. Impact of sanctions for the development of oil producing countries [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2023. – №3. P. 11-24. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2023/3/2/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2023-3-11-24.