Gross regional product as indicator of economic development and quality of life of the population
Keywords: gross regional product, socio-economic development, quality of life, volume of production of goods, investments, budget revenues, income level of the population, housing conditions, public health, provision with social infrastructure facilities
The relevance of the issue considered in the article is due to the existing differences between the regions in terms of the level of socio-economic development, which are intensifying in the current sanctions conditions. The purpose of the article is to study the influence of the gross regional product on the level of the socio-economic situation of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and the quality of life of the population. The objectives of the study are to establish the relationship between the indicator of the socio-economic situation of the regions and the quality of life of the population. Materials and methods. The information base of the study was the data of Rosstat on the gross regional product, including per capita, the data of the rating agency RIA RETING on the ratings of regions in terms of the level of socio-economic status and quality of life of the population in the regions. The existing indicators of the study of the socio-economic situation of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation use a variety of indicators, but do not take into account the indicator of the gross regional product, this is a feature of the author's approach. The study used methods: analysis, synthesis, grouping, comparison, generalization, tabular, etc. Results. The study found that the gross regional product is of decisive importance in determining the level of the socio-economic situation of the regions. The indicators of the scale and efficiency of the economy (the volume of production of goods and services, the number of people employed in the economy, etc.), the budgetary and social sphere of the regions of the Ural Federal District provide the district with a leading place in the ranking of the socio-economic position of the federal districts. Conclusions. There is a correlation between the indicators "gross regional product", "gross regional product per capita" and the level of socio-economic development of the regions and the quality of life of the population living in them.
- Basova E.A. Dostupnost’ zdravookhraneniya kak faktor ustoichivogo sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya territorii [Availability of health care as a factor of sustainable socio-economic development of territories]. Problemy razvitiya territorii, 2021, vol. 25, 1, pp. 68–87.
- Batrakova L.G. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskoe neravenstvo regionov Rossii [Socio-economic inequality of Russian regions]. Teoreticheskaya ekonomika, 2021, no. 10 (82), pp.125–
- Valovoi regional’nyi produkt [Gross regional product]. Availability at: https://rosstat.gov.ru/statistics/accounts.
- Voroshilov N.V., Gubanova E.S. Differentsiatsiya territorii i mekhanizm ee snizheniya [Differentiation of territories and the mechanism of its reduction]. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz, 2018, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 57–72.
- Dopchut A.A. Analiz urovnei sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regionov Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Analysis of the levels of socio-economic development of the regions of the Russian Federation]. Vestnik Tuvinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2022, no. 1(89), pp. 13–21.
- Zotikov N.Z. Neftegazovye dokhody federal’nogo byudzheta v usloviyakh zapadnykh sanktsii [Oil and gas revenues of the federal budget under Western sanctions]. Vestnik Surgutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2022, no. 4(38), pp. 27–35.
- Zotikov N.Z. Regiony Ural’skogo federal’nogo okruga v usloviyakh postpandemii [Regions of the Ural Federal District in the context of the post-pandemic]. In: Karpushkina A.V., ed. Problemy ekonomicheskoi bezopasnosti Rossii v aspekte global’nykh transformatsii [Problems of Russia’s economic security in the aspect of global transformations]. Chelyabinsk, 2022, 478 p.
- Zotikov N.Z. Rol’ trudovykh resursov v razvitii federal’nykh okrugov [The role of labor resources in the development of federal districts]. Sotsial’nye i ekonomicheskie sistemy, 2022, no. 3(27), pp. 114–136.
- Zotikov N.Z., Danilova A.A. Pokazateli sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya i kachestva zhizni naseleniya v regionakh: ikh vzaimosvyaz’ [Indicators of socio-economic development and quality of life of the population in the regions: their relationship]. Vestnik Prikamskogo sotsial’nogo instituta, 2023, no. 1(94), pp. 101–112.
- Katkova I.P., Rybal’chenko S.I. Prezhdevremennaya smertnost’ i ozhidaemaya prodolzhitel’nost’ zdorovoi zhizni naseleniya v kontekste zadach natsional’nogo razvitiya Rossii [Premature mortality and the expected duration of a healthy life of the population in the context of the tasks of the national development of Russia]. Narodonaselenie, 2020, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 83–92.
- Ovchinnikova A.V., Bogachev E.A. Strukturnye sdvigi v VRP Chelyabinskoi oblasti [Structural shifts in the GRP of the Chelyabinsk region]. Vestnik YuUrGU. Ser. Ekonomika i menedzhment, 2022, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 65–71. DOI: 10.14529/em220407.
- Orepilov V.V., Gagulina N.P. Effektivnost’ ekonomiki regionov Rossii v usloviyakh tsifrovizatsii [Efficiency of the economy of Russian regions in the context of digitalization]. Ekonomika Severo-Zapada: problemy i perspektivy razvitiya, 2020, no. 2-3 (61-62), pp. 14–23.
- Reiting regionov po kachestvu zhizni-2022 [Rating of regions by quality of life-2022]. Availability at: https://riarating.ru/infografika/20230213/630236602.html.
- Reiting sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo polozheniya regionov po itogam 2021 g. [Rating of the socio-economic situation of the regions in 2021]. Availability at: https://riarating.ru/infografika/20220516/630222174.html.
- Zotikov Nikolay Z.
- Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of Finance, Credit and Economic Security, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5631-9123)
Zotikov N.Z. Gross regional product as indicator of economic development and quality of life of the population [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2023. – №3. P. 25-35. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2023/3/3/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2023-3-25-35.