Features of the forensic methodology for investigating criminal attacks against the person committed using information and telecommunication networks
Keywords: forensic investigation methodology, criminal attacks against the person, information and telecommunication networks, methodological recommendations, investigative situation, complex investigation methodology, private investigation technique
The development of information and telecommunication networks, in addition to the ease with which data are transmitted, provides criminals with an effective tool that can enhance the guarantees of achieving their goals. In addition to increasing the social danger of the crimes in which this tool is used, another effect is achieved, which is to make it difficult to investigate. This creates problems in establishing the truth. The purpose of the study is to determine the type of forensic methodology, the application of which is able to optimize the investigation of each specific criminal assault on a person committed using information and telecommunication networks. Materials and Methods. The objective was achieved through the application of methods such as analysis, synthesis, deduction, induction, modelling (general science), as well as systems and forensic sitology (forensic). Results. The study identified problems that arise in the practice of investigating criminal attacks against persons committed using information and telecommunication networks. Funding was analyzed for their resolution. It has been established that the forensic methodology for its effectiveness should be based on typical knowledge of the use of information and telecommunication networks in these crimes. This should be a comprehensive investigative technique. Conclusions. Comprehensive methods of investigation of criminal attacks against the person committed with the use of information. The telecommunications network makes it possible at an early stage to avoid errors and to ensure that the circumstances most relevant to a fair trial are established.
- Artyushina O.V. Nasil’stvennaya prestupnost’ i IT-tekhnologii [Violent crime and it technologies]. Lex Russica, 2019, no. 9(154), pp. 77–84.
- Gracheva Yu.V. Tsifrovye tekhnologii i bezopasnost’ lichnosti [Digital technologies and personal security]. Kriminalist“, 2019, no. 1(26), pp. 24–27.
- Zemtsova S.I. Kriminalisticheskie metodiki rassledovaniya prestuplenii: ponyatie, klassifikatsiya i perspektivnye napravleniya razvitiya [Forensic techniques of crime investigation: concept, classification and perspective directions of development]. Kriminalistika: vchera, segodnya, zavtra, 2019, no. 1(9), pp. 27–39.
- Podol’nyi N.A. Operezhayushchaya chastnaya metodika rassledovaniya prestuplenii [Anticipatory private methods of investigating crimes]. Rossiiskii sledovatel’, 2011, no. 14, pp. 5–8.
- Podol’nyi N.A. Osobennosti i znachenie uzkospetsializirovannoi kriminalisticheskoi metodiki rassledovaniya prestuplenii [Features and significance of highly specialized forensic methods of investigating crimes]. In: Kazanskie ugolovno-protsessual’nye i kriminalisticheskie chteniya: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf.: v 2 ch. [Proc. of Int. Sci. and Pract. Conf. «Kazan Criminal Procedure and Forensic Readings». 2 parts]. Kazan, YurEksPraktik Publ., 2022, part 1, pp. 41–48.
- Podol’nyi N.A. Sledstvennaya taina kak taktiko-kriminalisticheskoe sredstvo rassledovaniya prestuplenii [Investigative secrecy as a tactical and forensic means of investigating crimes]. Vestnik Rossiiskoi pravovoi akademii, 2022, no. 2, pp. 50–57.
- Podol’nyi N.A. Takticheskoe znachenie sledstvennoi khitrosti pri rassledovanii prestuplenii [Tactical importance of investigative cunning in the investigation of crimes]. Pravovoe gosudarstvo: teoriya i praktika, 2022, no. 4(70), pp. 155–162.
- Podol’nyi N.A. Uzkospetsializirovannye metodiki rassledovaniya prestuplenii: ikh znachenie dlya praktiki sledstvennoi deyatel’nosti [Highly Specialized Methods of Crime Investigation: Their Significance for the Practice of Investigative Activities]. In: L Ogarevskie chteniya: materialy nauch. konf.: v 3 ch. [Proc. of 50th Conf. «Ogarev readings». 3 parts]. Saransk, 2022, part 3, pp. 1223–1229.
- Khlus A.M. Kriminalisticheskaya metodika: ponyatie, sovremennoe sostoyanie i tendentsii [Forensic methodology: concept, current state and trends]. Epomen, 2021, no. 66, pp. 112–130.
- Vostrikov Gleb A.
- Lecturer, Department of Criminal Procedure Law and Criminalistics, Middle Volga Institute (branch) of the All-Russian State University of Justice (RPA of the Ministry of Justice of Russia) in Saransk, Russia, Saransk (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Vostrikov G.A. Features of the forensic methodology for investigating criminal attacks against the person committed using information and telecommunication networks [Electronic resource] // Oeconomia et Jus. – 2023. – №3. P. 72-79. – URL: https://oecomia-et-jus.ru/en/single/2023/3/7/. DOI: 10.47026/2499-9636-2023-3-72-79.